Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Seems like I haven't had any time since last week to post and I'm getting lots of texts asking what was the outcome.  Sorry to leave everyone hanging!

Duke and Yale notified Ben last Thursday that he was not selected.  We had to wait until Friday morning to finally get word from Harvard.  That too was a no.  We were all a little disappointed but not surprised.  But how many people actually even get a chance to submit an application to those kind of schools?  I'm so very proud of him and know where ever he ends up he will love it and have a great time in the next 4 years.

His choices are UNC, Rice, UT and Emory. 

As of today his first choice is UNC at Chappel Hill and behind that Rice University right here in Houston.  Of course, I would LOVE to "have" to travel to North Carolina.  He wants to go and visit the campus before  he makes his final commitment.  So we are flying to NC on April 19th for 2 nights.  I've heard it is absolutely beautiful in the Spring!  Most likely I will not be able to go with him in August to move in so this will be perfect for me to go.  My principal approved me to go and I have a sub!  Can't wait. 

Note to self:  remember to book a professional photographer in the fall to take Senior pictures of Nic.  hahaha  Ben is getting his pictures taken on April 17th but until then I took one of his today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment