Saturday, February 11, 2012

Emory University

If your 17 year old son asks "Mom,  want to ride along with me to my Emory interview on Saturday?  Maybe we could have lunch together afterwards."  "YES!!!"  I immediately cancelled my hair appointment and my workshop that I had been signed up for for the past 2 months.  I am realizing that our time with Ben at home is coming to an end soon.  I will be ok.  I have to keep saying that one.

Today we drove down to the Galleria area and he had an interview with Emory University.  Not quite sure why  he applied there since we haven't visited the campus.  They were interviewing about 40 applicants today.  He came out with a huge smile and said "that was easy....she was impressed with all that I have accomplished."  He was with the lady for about 45 minutes.  Afterwards we did have lunch together.  We laughed and I told him stories about when I was in college.  He has grown up so much. 

If you ask him "where do you REALLY want to go?"  His reply is still the same...I don't know.  All I do know is that he is anxiously waiting to hear something!  He knows for sure he can attend UT so that helps but I really hope he can go out of state somewhere.  To get out there meet new friends, see more of the world and all that it has to offer!

Today I only cried a little.  He just gives me a hug and then you know I'm all better.

No comments:

Post a Comment